August 15, 2017

Update

Horror of horrors, I did not manage to finish One Hundred Years of Solitude in a week.  I am enjoying it and I know what I'd say about it in a blog post if I stopped right now and pretended I finished it, but who knows what will happen in the next 200 pages and I like to think I'm better than my high school English self these days.  So I'm taking a pass this week on the book reviews.  I don't feel too bad about it because I haven't missed one in a while.

On top of the brick of magical realism I'm reading, I had a crazy week.  My son turned two.  There were day job fires and night job fires.  And then you might have heard the podcast mentioned on NPR.  Not to brag, but my phone exploded with notifications.  And then I felt the guilt I should have had about my slow reading but instead was about how season 2 isn't ready yet.  So hello to any new people who were sent here from that.  Sorry it's a dry week on the blog. 

I'll be back this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment