September 24, 2016

Firebird Mix Tape

I belong to the school of thought that mix tapes are very important.  I used to make actual cassette tapes by rummaging through my parents' and friends' tapes and CDs and calling into radio stations and requesting deep cuts, then sitting by my stereo and waiting.

My latest tape is for the Firebird story.  Lately I've been working on switching between not-writing-brain and writing-brain and making that transition time between them as small as possible.  I don't have a lot of time and I need to make the most of it.

So this is what I've been playing to get in the right mindset.  There's some overlap with my Necromancer mix tape, which makes sense since the Necromancer story was eaten by the Firebird story.

Listen Here!

1. What She Came For -- Franz Ferdinand
2. Gravedigger -- Dave Mathews Band*
3. Put Your Lights on -- Santana
4. My Mathematical Mind -- Spoon
5. If I Wanted Someone -- Dawes
6. 24 Frames -- Jason Isbell
7. Hurt -- Johnny Cash
8. Just Like Heaven --The Cure
9. Things Happen -- Dawes

*I'm using a live version that is not on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment