November 19, 2017

Totoros Are Everywhere

My son gets stickers as rewards.  He gets them for things like cleaning up and getting in and out of the bathtub without making a fuss. 

I'm the one who picks the stickers, so I got a pack from My Neighbor Totoro a while back.  They're high quality stickers, the puffy kind that have some heft to them, but not the slick puffy kind that are stiff, these are the mat puffy kind that can bend and curl.  We used to put them on a cardboard long box from the comic book store, but lately he's been peeling all the stickers off so that he can give them to himself again.  He sticks these stickers to his shirt and walks around the house.  And while the less hefty stickers get shed all over the place because they're not sticky anymore, the Totoro stickers get peeled off his shirt and put in strange places, where he presses them down enough and they are still sticky enough as to be hard to remove when he's not looking.

The other issue is that he saw My Neighbor Totoro for the first time a few weeks ago, and his little mind was blown at the idea that Totoro exists outside of his sticker collection.  So he's been targeting the Totoro stickers in his re-stickering. 

This is a long way of saying that I've been finding Totoros all over my house, and have consequently started taking photos of them.

The Bathroom Floor

Bedroom

Living Room

My Desk

Inside His Crib
Hiding

My Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment