September 27, 2024

A Goodbye to the Twenty Percent True Podcast

Hi everyone, Carolyn here. The Twenty Percent True Podcast has had 13 seasons and run for 7 years.  That's 144 episodes.  I am so proud of the work I did here, and I'm so happy that the show has touched so many people. Lately, I've found that my inspiration and motivation is with other projects.  I'm currently working on a novel where cities are built on the back of giant sea serpents. The podcast is not going to have a season 14, but we had a great run.  Remember the vampire roommate?  The drag race against the hoop snake?  Grandma's ghost haunting the cooking of Thanksgiving dinner?  Remember the noir episode of the Chicago Center for Supernatural Support?  Any time I cried on mic?  Those episodes will be here forever.  I want to thank everyone who gave to the Patreon.  I'm so humbled and grateful.  The patreon will no longer be taking payments, but I encourage you to sign up or stay signed up, because I'll use it as a place to give updates on what I'm working on.  Also, all the e-books, bonus episodes, and pictures of my cat that are up there now are about to be available for free.  So go catch up on those!  I recommend The Serpent's Wedding, which is a serialized story that I'm so proud of that I've considered revisiting it, so check that out.  There's a browser based labyrinth game called the Tile Labyrinth where you solve puzzles to escape the minotaur.  The bonus episodes are deep dives into folklore that I think are really fun and interesting.  I recommend any of those from the past year, but especially  the Treaty Oak episode, which is near and dear to my heart. This blog will still be here.  So let me know what your favorite episode was, and pour one out for what I'm sure was the greatest short story podcast about modern monsters that there ever was. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to see this podcast go, because it always made me smile - I can't pick a favorite, so I'll just have to relisten to the entire thing again to find it. And I DO remember the vampire roommate! And the Squonk! And so many other things. I'll definitely plunder the patreon, so thank you for making those available to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I can't wait to see what you do next (that novel sounds awesome), because I'm sure it's going to be as charming and imaginative as this podcast has been

    ReplyDelete